Healthy Weight For Life (HWFL) Program
Welcome to the home page of the Healthy Weight For Life (HWFL) program.
Aim of Healthy Weight For Life (HWFL)
The overall aim of the HWFL program is to help you to lose weight, improve your health status and learn the lifestyle skills that will help you stay in control of your weight for life.
What is the Healthy Weight For Life (HWFL) program?
The Healthy Weight For Life program is a unique step by step treatment process that is delivered in 3 clearly structured phases over 18 weeks.
The program combines:
- KicStart™ VLCD - independently researched very low calorie diet meal replacement
- TEMplate System™ - dietitian developed, eating and lifestyle modification program
- Online Education Modules - 9 educational presentations and downloadable information sheets
- Personalised Online health tracking form
- Personal telephone motivation, support and advice
* refer to the "HWFL Overview" section for full detailed information
Who is eligible to participate?
This program is open to any adult who feels that their weight may be impacting their health and is motivated to achieve a healthy weight for life.
Please note:- The advice given during the program should not replace the advice given by your own healthcare team or medical practitioner with regards to any specific health conditions you may have.
If you :-
- have a diagnosed medical condition (including type 2 diabetes*, cardiovascular disease*, gout, gall bladder, heart, kidney, or liver problems),
- are aged over 65,
- have been advised to follow strict dietary guidelines,
- take medication on a regular basis,
please consult your GP before commencing this program and attend regular checkups to keep them updated with your progress.
*Members of the HCF private health insurance fund who have a BMI >30 AND either type 2 diabetes or cardiovascular disease, may be eligible for a FULLY FUNDED Healthy Weight For Life Program.
Who might not be eligible to participate?
The full Healthy Weight For Life Program would not be suitable for:-
- anyone with a known allergy or intolerance to any of the ingredients of KicStart™
- pregnant or breastfeeding mothers
- infants, children or adolescents
- people with type 1 diabetes unless prescribed and supervised by their diabetes specialist
How to enrol?
Simply click on the "Buy Phase 1" button to the top left of this page and purchase a Phase 1 kit.
PHS will then activate your personal web profile, send you an email to your nominated email address confirming this has been done and include instructions on how to access your profile.
Within 10 working days your phase 1 kit will be delivered to your nominated delivery address and one of the PHS allied health support team will contact you by phone to help you get started.